Teesside Motorhome Hire
Terms and Conditions
- Hire contract with Teesside Motorhome Hire.
- The terms and conditions have been devised to ensure that both the operator and Hirer is governed by law in England & Wales. Kyle Richmond trading as Teesside Motorhome Hire offers motorhomes for hire strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions displayed. By signing this document, you are bound by and you the Hirer agrees legally that you have read, understood and accept the details in this document.
- Drivers/Named Drivers/Passengers
- All drivers of the vehicle must be between the ages of 25 and 75. All drivers must have held a full UK car driving licence for a minimum of 3 years in order to conform to the insurer’s terms and conditions. There maybe an additional charge if you have penalty points on your licence, which you must disclose on booking. Only the named driver(s) in the booking may drive the hired vehicle, Teesside Motorhome Hire reserve the right to refuse the handover to any person whom they deem unsuitable to drive the hired vehicle. In this unlikely event all hire charges will be refunded in full.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire will run a government licence check on all drivers, this is a term set out by the insurance company.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire has no further liability.
- Any additional drivers must present themselves in person prior to the hire to gain permission from Teesside Motorhome Hire before the hire commences.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire only authorises the use of any motorhome to the stated number of passengers permitted by the number of seatbelts fitted, safety restraints must be used at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- Child seats are the responsibility of the hirer to fit, children up to the age of 12 years of age or 135cm in height must use the correct child restraints appropriate to their age and weight. Children in child restraints must only be seated in the forward facing seats in the Motorhome.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire will not accept bookings from same sex groups, stag dos or Hen dos.
- Each vehicle is covered by Fully comprehensive insurance for up to 2 drivers as part of the hire agreement, however additional drivers can be included at an additional cost, if you require to take the vehicle abroad please advise at booking as there maybe additional costs, In the event that there is an incident/accident and an insurance claim is made a £1000.00 excess must be paid by the hirer.
- The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £1000.00 per accident or reported incident. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £1000.00 of each claim.
- Only persons named on the rental agreement and have presented themselves in person along with all the relevant paperwork, are insured to drive the motorhome.
- Please note that no insurance cover is offered for overhead damage, any damage deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damage. Therefore, the hirer accepts full liability for these, which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should this apply.
- Windscreens, wing mirrors and tyre damage are not covered by standard vehicle insurance.
- The insurance only permits drivers between the age of 25 & 75, who must have held a full UK or EU driving licence for 3 years or over, the hirer and any persons permitted to drive must not have more than two convictions on their licence at the time of hire and no more than 3 points per penalty for anyone who has more than this and wishes to drive, we will contact the insurer for permission to insure you, however the decision of the insurer and Teesside Motorhome Hire is final.
- All convictions must be declared at booking.
- Visitors from abroad will require a current driving licence with the same parameters as a UK licence along with a valid passport and two forms of proof of address.
- Any damage caused to the tyres/windscreens that need replacement or repair are excluded from our insurance thus the hirer would need to pay for this.
- The hirer will indemnify Teesside Motorhome Hire against any personal or third-party losses outside the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
- Agrees to abide by the highway code and law.
- Agrees not to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs or use the vehicle for any unlawful purpose.
- Agrees not to drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland or wales unless a prior written agreement has been approved and a green card has been issued by the insurer on behalf of Teesside Motorhome Hire.
- Personal Insurance/Liability
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the motorhome and the property of a third party, it does not cover any personal insurance for the customer of their possessions.
- We recommend that you take your own personal holiday insurance and strongly recommended that you extend this cover for early termination of your holiday due to a breakdown or accident.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire will not be held liable for any personal claims, personal injury or losses.
- Security Deposits
- A deposit of £1000.00 is taken 1 week prior to hire of the vehicle to cover any damage to the motorhome or equipment whilst on hire, this deposit will be returned in full once the motorhome is returned in satisfactory condition and fully inspected for damage or breakages, the deposit can be made either by Bank transfer (Bank card or Credit card payment accepted at an addition fee), the funds must be cleared before any hire.
- By signing this document, the hirer irrevocably authorises Teesside Motorhome Hire to deduct from the security deposit any amounts that may be due.
- Should any damages exceed the security deposit, the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs within 7 days of their hire end date.
- Booking Procedure/Confirmation
- Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation. A reservation is only binding once it has been confirmed by Teesside Motorhome Hire and a deposit of £300 has been received. Our terms and conditions as well as cancellation policy apply from this point onwards.
- A booking deposit of £300 is taken at the time of any booking made, which will be deducted from the final invoice amount. The remaining balance of any hire booking becomes due 28 days prior to the commencement date of the hire unless the hire date is less than 28 days from start date, then payment in full will be required at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made by Bank transfer, Bank card or Credit card payment. (Debit and credit cards incur a small fee) All bookings will also require a damage deposit of £1000.00 before the hire period commences, this is to be made at least 1 week prior to hire.
- The vehicle will not be released until full payment has been completed.
- In the unlikely event that the hirer needs to cancel the hire for any reason, please contact Teesside Motorhome Hire first and notify us in writing or email that you wish to cancel the hire, the following penalties apply:
- Over 28 Days from the start of hire - £300.00
- 28 Days – 15 days before hire start date– 50% of total hire charge
- 14 Days or less – 100% of total hire charge
Teesside Motorhome Hire cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another.
Should a national lockdown come into force during your hire, you must immediately return the vehicle to Teesside Motorhome Hire and follow any guidance given to you by the government and Teesside Motorhome Hire.
We will allow transfer of your remaining paid hire dates to any future available dates in this circumstance.
- Terminating the agreement
The hirer understands that Teesside Motorhome hire may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to the hirer, and the hirer will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if;
- The hirer is in breach of any term of this agreement
- The hirer is found to have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- The hirer is found to have provided false information in regard to themselves or addition drivers.
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date, or Teesside motorhome hire believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed date.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is in danger.
The hirer understands that in the event of such termination, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or security deposit.
- Forced Cancellation by Teesside Motorhome Hire
- In the event that an unforeseeable situation occurs whereby the motorhome is not available and no replacement can be agreed or sourced, all monies will be fully refunded to the hirer in full, Teesside Motorhome Hire’s liability will be strictly limited to the return of all monies paid in full.
- In the event of a breakdown you should inform Teesside Motorhome Hire on the number provided and contact the breakdown service provided, if emergency breakdown repairs are needed the hirer may authorise repairs up to the value of £100.00 without authorisation from Teesside Motorhome Hire, any repair above this amount must be authorised by Teesside Motorhome Hire otherwise the hirer will be liable for the full costs. In the event of a repair being needed under £100.00, a full vat receipt must be obtained and given to Teesside Motorhome Hire on return of the vehicle so that the hirer can be reimbursed.
- In the event of an accident, the emergency services should be called in all cases and dealt with in the correct manner, once everyone is safe the hirer should inform Teesside Motorhome Hire immediately.
- Regardless of how small the accident is, the names and addresses of third parties, any witnesses and details of the accident should be recorded in the vehicle’s accident logbook.
- Accidents should be reported to the nearest police station.
- Hirers should not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer, or other like offer.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire should be informed of any accident/damages within 24 hours and all damages and accidents should be logged in the accident/damage logbook.
- If the Hirer is found to have been negligent by delaying informing Teesside Motorhome Hire of any issues or causing further damage by not informing Teesside Motorhome Hire sooner, they will be liable for any costs incurred.
- No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until a claim is settled.
12. Mileage Charges
- We do not charge for mileage
13. European Travel
Travel to Europe will incur a £5 per day extra charge.
Breakdown cover and insurance is included. Please check with us that the country you are travelling to is covered by our insurance and breakdown providers. Green cards maybe required prior to the vehicle leaving the country and it is important that this is brought to the attention of the insurers prior to hire.
15. Collection and Return
- You can collect the hire vehicle from 15.30pm on the day of hire, unless otherwise agreed with Teesside Motorhome Hire in advance, flexibility with pick up and drop off times will be at the discretion of Teesside Motorhome Hire and subject to availability.
- All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome.
- On the day of hire, documents will be processed, the hirer and any persons wishing to drive should produce their photo driver licence along with two utility bills (dated within the 3 months prior to start date) and showing their current address (this must match the licence).
- Also, on the day of hire a damage report will be taken out whereby the hirer will satisfy themselves as to the condition of the vehicle before the commencement of hire.
- A Detailed handover will be given either in person on via a YouTube video link, this will include how to use the systems in the vehicle.
- The Hire vehicle should be returned no later than 11.30 am on your return date, unless otherwise agreed to by Teesside Motorhome Hire again this must be agreed to before the commencement of hire and is at the complete discretion and availability of Teesside Motorhome Hire. In the unfortunate event where you are late in returning the vehicle, call immediately and advise Teesside Motorhome Hire. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured.
- Late returns will be charged at £40.00 Per hour.
- Keys must be handed back to Teesside Motorhome Hire in person at the arranged time and drop off location.
- Another damage and condition report will be completed upon return of the vehicle for which you must be present as per the terms of our insurance policy.
- Off road parking for your vehicle is included, however the operator accepts no liability for any damage and the vehicle is left at the owners own risk. A set of keys must be left so that should we need to move your vehicle to gain access to areas of the drive we may do so.
15. Pre-inspection hire
Prior to each hire the motorhome will go through a pre hire check whereby each of the vehicles systems will be checked.
Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Teesside Motorhome Hire will make every effort to remedy the fault while you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and Teesside Motorhome Hire will not be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service occur nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle.
16. Vehicle acceptance
Teesside motorhome hire will not refund any monies paid if the vehicle is returned or the hirer ceases to have use of the vehicle or an item of equipment.
- Pets who are well behaved are welcome subject to a one - off fee of £25.00 per vehicle, however any damage caused by pets will be fully charged to the hirer, (Pets are strictly not allowed on the beds and soft furnishings)
- It is law in the UK that no persons can smoke in any hire vehicle, therefore both cigarettes and electronic cigarettes are prohibited from use in the vehicle, if the vehicle is found to have been smoked in, a cleaning charge of £150.00 will be charged for the deaeration of the vehicle to remove the smell.
- We supply the vehicle with a full tank of fuel; therefore, the motorhome should be returned with a full tank of fuel. If the fuel tank is not returned full upon return, then it will be refuelled at the cost of the fuel plus a £20.00 admin charge, this will be deducted from the security deposit.
- The motorhome is supplied with two gas cylinders, one full, if more gas is required, this is the responsibility of the hirer. In all circumstances, both cylinders must be returned.
20. General Housekeeping & Responsibilities
- When hiring the vehicle, we expect that you use your common sense, it is the hirers responsibility to look after the vehicle whilst out on hire, including and not limited to looking after keys, locking the vehicle when not in. Making sure that the correct fuel is used, any contaminated fuel would be the hirers responsibility and all costs would be borne by you the hirer. Please make it your business to get to know the vehicle including the height, length and width, respect the conditions of the road that you are using and be aware of any restrictions at all times e.g. narrow roads, sharp bends, low bridges and low branches etc. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle whilst on hire.
- It is necessary for the hirer to take reasonable steps to maintain the vehicle including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
- We prohibit you the hirer to sub-let the hired vehicle to a third party, failure to adhere to these conditions will result in cancellation of your rental agreement without refund and any damage would be payable by the hirer.
- The Motorhome will be clean on the inside and outside for your hire, the toilet will be empty, the waste water tank will be empty and the fresh water tank will have at least a quarter of a tank full of clean fresh water ready for your holiday, the motorhome must be returned in a clean condition, the waste water tank should be empty, the toilet cassette must be emptied and rinsed prior to return of the vehicle, a fee of £100 to empty the toilet and £50 to empty the waste water tank will apply should Teesside Motorhome Hire have to do this.
21. Extra Charges
- a) Any additional cleaning/valeting which is not deemed to be of normal usage by Teesside Motorhome Hire will be charged at a rate of £50.00.
- In all cases where damage to the interior has occurred, a quote for repair will be obtained and this will be charged to the hirer, if there is a claim on the insurance the hirer will be liable for the excess amount.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire will not be responsible for any lost property during your holiday. (You will need to take out your own holiday insurance to allow for personal losses). Should we find any possessions when cleaning the Motorhome, we will do our best to ensure that they are returned to their rightful owner.
- A £1000.00 security deposit is payable by the hirer to Teesside Motorhome Hire 1 week before the hire commences, the hirer agrees that any damage claims that fall outside of the insurance terms and conditions, including any extra charges payable will be deducted from the hirers deposit on return.
- Deposits will be refunded within 7 working days of the return date. If on return the vehicle has sustained damage Teesside Motorhome Hire will retain the security deposit until estimates can be obtained for the repairs required or an insurance claim is settled.
- The hirer is responsible for and indemnifies Teesside Motorhome Hire from all fines and court costs for any parking/speeding or road traffic offences (Including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped or detained) during the hire period, Teesside Motorhome Hire will inform the relevant authority of the named hirers for that period. Teesside Motorhome Hire will not accept any liability for any fines, endorsement or any court costs for such offences.
- Teesside Motorhome Hire reserve the right to charge a fee of £25.00 for any admin costs if we need to get involved in any claims to the hirer.
- Any additional costs over and above the security deposit should damages exceed this value.
- In the case of gross negligence Teesside Motorhome Hire reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over.
22. Covid-19 and other pandemics
Teesside Motorhome Hire will follow government guidelines in relation to the current and any future pandemics. Extra sanitisation of the vehicle will be undertaken along with a fog treatment to ensure the safety of all guests prior to any hires taking place.
The hirer has a duty to inform Teesside Motorhome Hire if they or any guests become unwell during their holiday or they develop any symptoms of Covid-19, so that additional safety measures can be put in place.
The hirer should return the motorhome with immediate effect to Teesside Motorhome Hire should any occupants test positive for Covid-19, the motorhome must not be used to self-isolate, government guidelines state that any persons self-isolating, must do so in their primary residence.
In this circumstance the vehicle should be returned to the agreed drop off point, the keys should be placed in a bag and posted through the letter box, the motorhome will then be quarantined for 4 days before a damage inspection can take place, in this exceptional circumstance it is necessary for Teesside Motorhome Hire to conduct the damage inspection in the absence of the hirer. Photographic evidence of any damages found will be taken and sent to the hirer along with a quote for repair.
Teesside Motorhome Hire will not be responsible for any loss of hire days or the return of any fees already paid, resulting from early termination or cancellation of hire due to Covid-19. We strongly advise that travel insurance is taken out by the main hirer to cover against any losses.
Should the government impose mandatory travel restrictions due to a pandemic including but not limited to Covid-19 which renders the planned hire impossible to commence or complete, Teesside Motorhome Hire will consider this a force Majeure under law and will enforce their standard cancellation policy, if this happens during an ongoing hire, the vehicle should be returned as soon as is practicable and safe. For this reason, customers are strongly encouraged to take out appropriate travel insurance for their trip. If the customer can demonstrate that appropriate travel insurance was in place, but the insurers will not settle a claim. Evidence in writing must be produced within 60 days of hire, Teesside Motorhome Hire will issue a 50% refund of the hire fee excluding the booking deposit as a gesture of goodwill, in order to share the financial burden with the customer.
Alternatively, an existing booking may be deferred to future date, any deferred booking must be taken within 12 months of the original booking or the offer will be retracted, and the force Majeure refund policy be enforced.
23. Restrictions on use:
The Hirer shall not;
a) permit the Vehicle to be driven by any person who is not an Authorised Driver under the rental Agreement;
b) operate the Vehicle or permit it to be operated in violation of law, including but not limited to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or in breach of rules and regulations of road traffic;
c) operate the Vehicle or permit it to be operated to commit a violation of law;
d) operate the Vehicle or permit it to be operated for any race, test, or contest;
e) operate the Vehicle or permit it to be operated for the transport of more passengers or goods than the maximum allowable for the Vehicle or to carry hazardous or explosive substances of any kind;
f) drive or permit the Vehicle to be driven by any person who is not listed on this rental agreement;
g) drive or permit the Vehicle to be driven or parked on roadways not regularly maintained, or on any roads, beach, driveway, or surface likely to cause damage to the Vehicle;
h) operate the Vehicle or allow it to be operated to push or tow any other vehicle;
i) allow any person to smoke in the Vehicle.
24. Title of the Vehicle
Teesside Motorhome Hire retains the title to the vehicle and its contents at all times.
25. Confirmation & Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- By signing these terms and conditions you are confirming that Teesside Motorhome Hire can deduct any of the fees as outlined in these terms and conditions from your damage deposit payment and can pass on your details to any relevant authority that may need them (We will never pass on your details to third parties whom wish to sell you services).
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both Teesside Motorhome Hire and the hirer.
27. Force Majeure
We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved motorhome is available for hirer at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible, and an alternative acceptable motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer.
28. Speed Monitoring
The hirer agrees that Teesside Motorhome Hire can use data collected by the onboard tracker to periodically monitor the speed of the vehicle to ensure the safe use of the vehicle and the safety and welfare of the occupants. This will not be considered a breach of personal privacy.
29. Exclusion of Liability
Subject to Teesside Motorhome Hires obligation to deliver the vehicle, the hirer releases Teesside Motorhome Hire from any liability (regardless of fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the hirer by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to;
- Any loss or damage caused by a breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose.
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle.
- Any personal injury
- All warranties, conditions or terms relating to contracts of hire and whether implied by statue or common law or otherwise are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular (but without limitation) Teesside Motorhome Hire are not liable to the hirer for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of revenue) costs, expenses, liabilities or any other claims or demands arising out of or in respect of:
- a) Any breakdown, malfunction, failure or defect of the vehicle
- b) Any property left, stored or transported by the hirer or by any other person in or upon the vehicle either before or after the return of the vehicle to Teesside Motorhome Hire. Provided always that nothing herein contained shall restrict or exclude Teesside Motorhome Hire for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or any other liability which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
30. Governing Law
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Great Britain. Any dispute may be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
31. Acceptance of these terms and conditions
Payment of the booking deposit required to secure travel dates is taken as full acceptance of these terms and conditions which are freely available to view on website to be read prior to booking. By making a booking with Teesside Motorhome Hire you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in full.